Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What. Everrrrrr....

Firstly, I should clarify. Those are not boogs hanging out of my son's nose in the header pic, but grains of sand. We were at the beach. Maybe I should have thought of that before putting it up there, but I've become very enamoured of that pic and, well, it's summery. So there.

Now, to the post at hand. If I have any readers at all, they ( or she, as the case may well be ) will have noticed the posts are coming slow and low these days. It's not that I don't have anything to say. More like I have too much to say and not really that much time to edit what comes out.

Adjusting to single parenthood is demanding. On top of the daily struggle to figure out what goes where and what happens next (and where food and rent and gas are coming from), there's also all the ugly emotional shit one has to deal with when it comes to breaking up. It can be a little overwhelming at times, and it's tempting to do nothing but bemoan the shitty hand you've been dealt.  I've thought seriously about shutting this whole blog down. No one wants to hear a bunch of whining, and I sure as shit don't want to write it.

I've found a rather welcome surprise through this whole thing, though. There are a bunch of really positive feelings that come along with single parenthood.  I know, it may sound strange, but there are.  For me, the things that really stand out are the feelings of strength, of self reliance, of groundedness, and most importantly, a sense of freedom and possibilty that wasn't there before.

So, from here on in, this here blog is all about celebrating the awesome side of single parenthood.  I got no time for self pity, and neither do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment