Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reverb 10, Day 1 - One Word

This project has been, as a friend put it, keeping me up at night.

One of the most tumultuous years of my life so far is drawing to a close, and another, surely as chaotic exciting as the last, is dawning. In the midst of everything that's gone on, it hasn't occurred to me to sit down, take a breath, and reflect on what's passed, let alone manifest what's next.

But that's exactly what I am doing, every single day, on an unconscious level.

For my kids, for myself, I am becoming the person I've always wanted to be. It's hard work, to put it lightly. So difficult, in fact, that until I had children (okay, one and one on the way), I'd always given up. It was easier to party than to create meaningful work for myself, to wander than to put down roots, to kill time instead of manage it, to avoid the people I loved than to face myself in them.

Now everything is different.

Which is why my word for 2010 is simply change.

I want to keep on this path of positive change. I want to explore it. I want the opportunities that lie ahead to be realized. To make sure that this happens for me, I need to be mindful, to be grateful, to be open and strong. And I can be all of these things and more, as long as I keep at it, and don't lose sight of my goal.

My  wish for a word to sum up 2011 - tenacious.

I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment