Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Excuses, Excuses


I've been reading up on how to set up a blog. It's something that I've been wanting to do for a long, long time now. I'm addicted to other people's blogs, and I've always thought "I should do that."

As luck would have it, my baby got me my very own netbook for Christmas. It's my first computer, and I figure now is the time. So here I am. Got a first post n everything.

Here's the thing. I've already dropped the ball, one and a half posts in. It's been nine days since my last post, and from what I can gather, two or three posts a week is a little more like it.

Two or three posts a WEEK? Holy shit, are you kidding me? I have a five month old son who never, ever sleeps more than three hours at a time. I also live with and care for my elderly grandmother. Oh, and I have three dogs. I have exactly one nanosecond each day to myself, and yesterday that nanosecond was completely taken up by editing the color of my navbar and posting my purty sunset pic.

Did I mention that I am almost completely computer illiterate as well? That definitely slows things down. The aforementioned nanosecond goes pretty fast when I'm trying to figure out how the hell Google Webmaster works. All I wanna do is find out how many people (if any) are seeing this blog, for Chrissakes!

So, the point is, it may take a little while to get up to speed and settle into a routine, but it'll happen. Eventually. And, if by some miracle you've stumbled onto this post and actually read this far, I'm totally open to suggestions and helpful hints on how to make this here interweb publishing thingy go.

No comments:

Post a Comment