Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The things you learn at 6 a.m.

Throughout my young adulthood, whenever I heard someone say " there's nothing that compares to being a parent" (or some similar tripe), I immediately dismissed them as people who obviously didn't get out much.

I know better now. Five months into being a parent for the first time, I understand that the game has changed. I've experienced feelings that I didn't even know were possible before.

This morning was one of those times that drove that fact home to me again, as I leaned in the doorway of our bedroom and watched my honey feed our little guy a bottle of breastmilk. We've been struggling to get him to take the occasional bottle for quite a while now, and it was the sweetest thing in the world for me to be able to watch daddy hold and feed our son.

Just another one of those "ahhh" moments that makes it all make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment